Innovation is at the heart of our Bio-Based World Community from our news portal and Quarterly magazine, to our social media engagement and live events. For us innovation takes many forms and last year we launched our first ever awards to showcase the most exciting developments within the bio-economy and we now are proud to open the 2017 awards.
We have two separate awards - Bio-Based Product of the Year and Bio-Based Chemical Innovation of the Year. At our 2016 event in San Francisco, Club Coffee LP with their 100% compostable pods for single serve coffee won Bio-Based Product of the Year and Lygos for their Bio-Malonic Acid drop-in specialty chemical secured the Chemical Innovation of the Year. And now it’s time to enter the 2017 awards!
Size isn’t important, you could be a one-person start-up, or a global multi-national. Innovation is the key….
The 2017 categories:
Bio-Based Product of the Year (Americas)
A product currently available to purchase in North, Central or South America and that is derived from plants and other renewable agricultural, marine, and forestry materials and provides an alternative to conventional petroleum derived products. For the purpose of the awards, bio-based products do not include food, animal feed or fuel. The key is how the product improves on one derived from petroleum, sustainability is not enough, our judges will be looking for developments in price and quality.
Bio-Based Chemical Innovation of the Year (Americas)
An innovation involving a platform or intermediate chemicals derived from biomass feedstocks, used to produce other chemicals. It can be a breakthrough development, a new method of production, a smarter development or a new technique. The key is the innovation and the ability to display a benefit and progress for the industry long-term.
- The product / innovation must have been sold / developed in the past 12 months and proof needs to be provided.
- The product / innovation must be developed in the Americas and/or deployed in the Americas market.
- Only one entry per company per award.
- The judges decision is final.
- Past entrants may reapply, but not past winners.
What do I get if I win?
Winning a Bio-Based World Innovation award will enhance your product or projects reputation and marketability plus deliver a message to the industry that you are a leader in bio-based innovation. In addition you receive…
- Media coverage on all Bio-Based World platforms.
- Exclusive editorial feature on Bio-Based World News.
- Editorial coverage in Bio-Based World Quarterly.
- Promotion to the Bio-Based World News community.
- Presentation of Award at Bio-Based Live Americas (San Diego, September 26th-27th 2017 )
- Promotion of winning entry at Bio-Based Live 2017 and opportunity to network with other innovators and showcase your innovation at an event attended by bio-based leaders from across the Americas and beyond.
- Announcement and press release through our external media partners.
- Right to use the Award in your own promotion and media.
How does the process work?
- Send a short abstract about the innovation (500 words maximum) to Editor@BioBasedWorldNews.com feel free to include any relevant supporting images or videos.
- All entries will be thoroughly reviewed and a shortlist created.
- Winners will be selected by our international jury of independent industry experts.
- Deadline for entries: 25th August 2017
- Shortlist announced: 4th September
- Winners announce and trophies given at 26th September 2017 in San Diego at Bio-Based Live Americas.
Independent Judging Panel:
Who won the bio-based innovation awards in 2016?
- "We are grateful for the recognition of our efforts from this highly respected international panel of judges and the greater Bio-Based World News Organization.”
Good luck! Any questions, please contact our Editor, Luke Upton directly: Editor@BioBasedWorldNews.com