Innovation is at the heart of our Bio-Based World Community from our news portal and Quarterly magazine, to our social media engagement and live events. For us innovation takes many forms and last year we launched our first ever awards to showcase the most exciting developments within the bio-economy. We have two separate awards - Bio-Based Product of the Year and Bio-Based Chemical Innovation of the Year. At our 2016 event in Amsterdam Synbra and BioBTX were our winners and now entries are officially open for the 2017 edition. Size isn’t important, you could be a one-person start-up, or a global multi-national. Innovation is the key. We'd like to invite you to enter - it's free - easy to do and with great prizes. With a deadline of the 5th May, what are you waiting for?
The 2017 categories:
Bio-Based Product of the Year
A product currently available to purchase in Europe and that is derived from plants and other renewable agricultural, marine, and forestry materials and provides an alternative to conventional petroleum derived products. For the purpose of the awards, bio-based products do not include food, animal feed or fuel. The key is how the product improves on one derived from petroleum, sustainability is not enough, our judges will be looking for developments in price and quality.
Bio-Based Chemical Innovation of the Year
An innovation involving a platform or intermediate chemicals derived from biomass feedstocks, used to produce other chemicals. It can be a breakthrough development, a new method of production, a smarter development or a new technique. The key is the innovation and the ability to display a benefit and progress for the industry long-term.
- The product / innovation must have been sold / developed in the past 12 months and proof needs to be provided.
- The product / innovation must be developed in Europe and/or deployed in the European market.
- Only one entry per company per award.
- The judges decision is final.
- Past entrants may reapply, but not past win.
What do I get if I win?
Winning a Bio-Based World Innovation award will enhance your product or projects reputation and marketability plus deliver a message to the industry that you are a leader in bio-based innovation. In addition you receive…
- Media coverage on all Bio-Based World platforms.
- Exclusive editorial feature on Bio-Based World News.
- Editorial coverage in Bio-Based World Quarterly.
- Promotion to the Bio-Based World News community.
- Presentation of Award at Bio-Based Live Europe (Amsterdam, May 31st- June 1st )
- Promotion of winning entry at Bio-Based Live 2017 and opportunity to network with other innovators and showcase your innovation at an event attended by bio-based leaders from across the Americas and beyond.
- Announcement and press release through our external media partners.
- Right to use the Award in your own promotion and media.
How does the process work?
- Send a short abstract about the innovation (500 words maximum) to Editor@BioBasedWorldNews.com feel free to include any relevant supporting images or videos.
- All entries will be thoroughly reviewed and a shortlist created.
- Winners will be selected by our international jury of independent industry experts.
- Deadline for entries: 5th May 2017
- Shortlist announced: 15th May 2017
- Winners announce and trophies given at 1st June 2017 in Amsterdam at Bio-Based Live.
Independent Judging Panel:
- Announced soon!
Who won the bio-based innovation awards in 2016?
- "We have been working hard with a dedicated team of motivated people and it feels great to see our efforts rewarded. It motivates us to continue to get our technology further to the market..."
Good luck! Any questions, please contact our Editor, Luke Upton directly: Editor@BioBasedWorldNews.com