Innovation is at the heart of our Bio-Based World Community from our news portal and Quarterly magazine, to our social media and our flagship event. For us innovation takes many forms and we will once again be rewarding the bio-economies leading innovators during a ceremony at World Bio Markets 2018 in Amsterdam in March.
We have four separate awards - three voted for by an expert panel of independent judges, the other by you, our readers - and you can do so below today. Size isn’t important, you could be a one-person start-up, or a global multi-national. Innovation is the key.
1) Bio-Based Product of the Year
A product currently available to purchase that is derived from plants and other renewable agricultural, marine, and forestry materials and provides an alternative to conventional petroleum derived products. For the purpose of the awards, bio-based products do not include food, animal feed or fuel. The key is how the product improves on one derived from petroleum, sustainability is not enough, our judges will be looking for developments in price, functionality and quality → Enter here..
2) Bio-Based Chemical Innovation of the Year
An innovation involving a platform or intermediate chemicals derived from biomass feedstocks, used to produce other chemicals. It can be a breakthrough development, a new method of production, a smarter development or a new technique. The key is the innovation and the ability to display a benefit and progress for the industry long-term → Enter here.
3) Best use of alternative feedstocks.
Using alternative feedstocks is normally more than just changing the raw materials. It can require new supply and preparation infrastructure, fresh growing and harvesting techniques, new chemical processing technologies or access to new partnerships. For this category a feedstock is defined as any renewable, biological material that can be converted. The use will focus on research, development, demonstration and of course innovation and will likely feature robust partnerships.→ Enter here.
4) Bio-based industry story of the year 2018
Read the stories here...
... and vote here.
Vote for only one entry. You will not be able to submit multiple votes. Voting closes 5pm (GMT) Friday 23rd February.
What do our winners receive?
Winning a Bio-Based World News Innovation award will enhance your product or projects reputation and marketability plus deliver a message to the industry that you are a leader in bio-based innovation. In addition you receive…
- Media coverage on all Bio-Based World platforms.
- Exclusive editorial feature on Bio-Based World News.
- Editorial coverage in Bio-Based World Quarterly.
- Promotion to the Bio-Based World News community.
- Presentation of Award at a ceremony at World Bio Markets (Amsterdam, 20th – 22nd March 2018)
- Promotion of winning entry at World Bio Markets 2018 and opportunity to network with other innovators and showcase your innovation at an event attended by bio-based leaders from around the world.
- Announcement and press release through our external media partners.
- Right to use the Award in your own promotion and media.
Entries open: Thursday 1st February 2018
Deadline for entries: Friday 23rd February 2018
Shortlist announced: Monday 5th March 2018
Winners announced and trophies given out on Tuesday March 20th at World Bio Markets 2018 in Amsterdam
Our independent judging panel:
- Marcel van Berkel, CEO VanBerkel Consultancy
- Cynthia Phillips, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, The Disruptive Factory
- Duncan MacLeod, Former CEO, Iogen
- Melanie Williams, Director, Melanie Williams Consulting
- Jeff Passmore, Founder and CEO at Passmore Group Inca
- Adam Lusby, Founder, CE Optimal
- Lawrence Sullivan, Adjunc Professor, the Citadel.
- And more being confirmed shortly...
Who won the awards in 2017?
Good luck! Any questions, please contact our Editor, Luke Upton directly: Luke@BioBasedWorldNews.com