“Companies have a clearer picture of what they want to achieve and more points for how to achieve this. I also see sharper emphasis on communication, which companies are better at now.”
Welcome to the eleventh issue of the Bio-Based World Quarterly, your dedicated guide to the latest news and essential business developments for bio-based chemicals, products and fuels and the brands that purchase, use and sell them.
The above quote is from Dr. Peter Axegård, one of the founders of the Nordic Wood Biorefinery Conference (NWBC) who along with his colleagues gives us some great insights into the change and continuity found in our industry over the past decade as we approach the next edition of the event. We also have an exclusive feature on how Project Fresh is helping solve the black plastic problem lurking in our kitchens, take a walk in Reebok’s new Cotton + Corn shoes, assess the EU’s ruling on bio-based chemicals and genetic modification, gain an insight into bio-based’s role in the revised bio-economy strategy, reflect on the damage caused by this Summer’s heatwave, find out how cider is helping create natural dyes in the Basque region, and much, much more. Download and ready today for free!
- The first ‘Cotton + Corn’ shoe from Reebok’s sustainable range hits the shops.
- Project Focus: How a bio-based solution can solve our plastic tray problem.
- Change and continuity – the inside story of 10 years of the Nordic Wood Biorefinery Conference (NWBC).
- Bad news for bio-based chemicals as EU declares that gene editing IS genetic modification.
- Wanted! Inspirational startups for our 2019 Bio-Stars programme at World Bio Markets.
- How an outdoor clothing brand and the Basque cider tradition have partnered to create natural dyes.
- The bio-based industries within the revised bioeconomy strategy.
- How the global heatwave is harming agriculture today and creating problems for the bioeconomy tomorrow.
- Danone, Nestlé Waters and Origin Materials add PepsiCo to partnership developing 100% bio-based bottles.
- And much more!
Thanks to all the contributors to issue #11. Issue #12 will be published week commencing December 3rd 2018 (Deadline for content and adverts November 23rd) if you’d like to feature or advertise contact the Editor Luke@BioBasedWorldNews.com or call +44 (0) 207 045 0946 to discuss how you can work with us.