“Send tangible market signals: If suppliers know you’re serious about moving to more sustainable ingredients and process technologies they’ll pay attention.”
Welcome to the twelfth issue of the Bio-Based World Quarterly, your dedicated
guide to the latest news and essential business developments for bio-based and
sustainable chemicals, materials and products and the brands that purchase, use
and sell them.
The above quote is from Christophe Schilling CEO of Genomatica, who gives us some great insights and advice into how the worlds of consumer facing brands, and chemical producers can better engage and prosper. It’s a key area for our industry, but one that perhaps is not analysed enough. Particularly with new brands every day looking at our industry for help and solutions. Also this month, we look at the fantastic SWEETWOODS Project which is unlocking even more value from our forests, report on a renewed circular focus from Danone, and news from industry flag carrier Braskem. Our special report looks at algae, we speak exclusively to a leader of the bio-economy in Canada, a country perfectly placed to take advantage of our growing industry and much, much more. Download and ready today for free!
- Recycled, reused or composted – Danone announce trio of actions to be fully circular by 2025.
- Project focus: Creating high purity lignin and affordable platform chemicals from wood-based sugars.
- The green revolution will be blue: Harvesting algae for the bio-economy.
- Nobel nod for the green pioneer behind ‘directed evolution enzymes’.
- Brands: A pragmatic approach to bio-based chemicals.
- It’s official! Braskem’s carbon negative claims for its biobased plastic are approved.
- Bio-based a possible solution to Mastercard’s search for more sustainable bank cards.
- The Last Word with… Sandy Marshall, Executive Director, Bioindustrial Innovation Canada.
- And much more!
Thanks to all the contributors to issue #12. Issue #13 will be a very special issue, distributed globally in its digital format, and also printed and distributed to all attendees at World Bio Markets (Amsterdam, 1st- 3rd April). Deadline for content and adverts March 1st. If you’d like to feature or advertise contact the Editor Luke@BioBasedWorldNews.com or call + 44 (0) 78 56831674 to discuss how you can work with us.